If you are in love with mangoes and want to incorporate in every thing you eat, whether in the raw form or ripped mango, then we will fulfill your desire by a small effort from our side. During summer (and now in winters too) you can find small, green and tangy unripe mangoes in the market. If you really are of experimentative nature and want to sprinkle the magic in the dining table then I can help you find your way in that. Here is a simple and easy recipe with unripe mango you can make at home and serve to your children or anyone else too.
Servings – 2 people
Dish Type – Snack
- Rice – 1 Cup (cooked or leftover)
- Unripe Mango (kacha aam) – 2 (finely chopped)
- Curry Leaves – 4-5
- Asafoetida – one pinch
- Mustard Seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Red Chili – 2
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Dhania Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Grated Coconut – 2 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Heat oil in a pan and put some oil in it.
- Now add asafoetida, followed by curry leaves and mustard seeds.
- Add red chili whole.
- Add raw mango to it.
- Put salt, dhania powder turmeric powder, chili powder and cook till mango becomes soft and mashes up.
- Now add grated coconut and cook for one minute.
- Add cooked rice and let it cook for 2 minutes more.
- Turn off the flame, mango rice is ready.
- Serve with raita, chutney or papad.