Description of Indian cuisine is incomplete without incorporating one of India’s favorite dishes is Matar Paneer. Peas served with cottage cheese with a thick and creamy gravy is a taste that is known o all the Indian food fans. Any catering in India is not complete without adding Matar Paneer in the menu. Many have their own way of making this mouthwatering dish, few are easy and few are much difficult. But here we will tell you the easiest recipe for matar paneer for what you will fall in love with.
Dish type – Main Course
Serving – 4
Cuisine – North Indian / Punjabi
- Green peas (pre cooked) – 1 cup
- Cottage Cheese (Paneer) – 250 Grams
- Onion – 2 medium sizes
- Tomato Puree – 3 tomatoes
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 teaspoon
- Dhania Powder – 2 tablespoon
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves – For Garnishing
- Cashew Nut Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom (small) – 3
- Heat oil in a kadahi.
- Now add small cardamom
- The time when it releases its aroma add onion paste
- Once onion tends to loose water add ginger garlic paste followed by tomato puree.
- Now add salt, dhania powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and cook till it oozes out oil.
- Now add cashew nut paste in the gravy.
- Add boiled peas and paneer and cook till it soaks all the spices
- Cook for a while and add water as required.
- Now finish with garam masala powder.
- Serve hot with bread or rice with the garnishing of coriander.