Chana Dal (Bengal gram) stuffed parantha is something that you must try at home. However you will not find this recipe anywhere else, but believe me you will surely love these paranthas. Making these paranthas is as simpler as having them. You can have it as a breakfast or can also try it as an evening snack. The best part about this recipe is you don’t need to shop for its ingredients, you can easily find these all at your home. This is not as complicated as other paranthas where you have to apply a restricted force and limited stuffing.
Serving – 2 people
Dish Type – Snack
Cuisine – North Indian
- Bengal Gram (Chana Dal) – 1 cup
- Wheat Flour – 4 cups
- Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Clove – 3
- Green Cardamom – 4
- Black Cardamom – 2
- Red Chili Whole – 4
- Garlic – 4 cloves (finely chopped)
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Oil – 4 teaspoon
- Asafetida – one pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Knead a soft dough or wheat flour and set aside.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and add cumin seeds
- When they start to crackle add asafetida, cloves, green and black cardamom and red chili
- When these all releases their aroma, add soaked dal removing the water.
- Add salt
- Now fry for 2 min and let it cool down.
- Now grind dal (not in a smooth powder)
- Now add chopped garlic and onion.
- Divide the dough in equal parts.
- Make a roll and stuff two spoon of dal in it.
- Now close the opening well and flat it with the help of a belan.
- Make paranthas and shallow fry it in frying pan.
- Serve with pickle or dahi.